Monday, February 21, 2011

Your name; Your future

I'm beginning to think that there is a strong correlation between an individual's name and how they develop. Have you ever noticed a similar trend? That all the girls called "Sarah" are those blonde-hair-blue-eye girl next girl types? Or that all the guys called Jack turn out to be the jocks?

I'm starting to think that your name can not only influence your personality or interests, but also your weight and eating habits. I think I can even prove it. Let's talk celebrities. Think of all the female celebrities called "Britney" or "Brittany." Immediately I think of Britney Spears, Brittany Murphy and Brittany Snow. Well those 3 ladies have all struggled with their weight in some way. We've all seen Britney Spears' weight fluctuate up and down throughout the years. She's tried diets and been successful; but she's also given up at stages and been criticized for being
flabby for her come-back shows. As for Brittany Murphy and Brittany Snow, both of them have suffered weight loss obsession and have even admitted to having an eating disorder. Do you see the pattern I'm talking about here? Don't believe me yet? How about famous "Kelly" or "Kellie." Both Kelly Clarkson and Kelly Osbourne have battled with weight problems over the years. And some magazines are reporting that the same thing is happening with the once slim Kellie Pickler.

There have been scientific studies which loosely explore a similar theory. Scientists believe that children are influenced by the social stigmas attached to these names. Research also showed certain names or nicknames such as calling a child "Junior" can create identity problems for children later in life.

Am I just being horrible here, or am I onto something?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Add to the discussion? I'm only to pleased to hear your perspective!